Showing all 8 books
- Tom Rowley shares telling insights with examples to help parents in their role of bringing up children. He explores concepts in the family such as loving one another, making little things count, realizing that suffering has value, reaching out to one another, and learning from one another. His thoughts, intuitions, and experiences unfold in a way that feel like a conversation around the kitchen table.
- Those attracted by the way God’s Providence works in the daily lives of real people will find Tom and Mary Hartmann’s reflections to be priceless pearls of wisdom. They describe how God’s Providence has consistently pushed to reconsider what it means to truly believe in God’s love in both the trials and joys of family life. Professionals in the field of family life (psychologists, social workers, doctors, nurses, spiritual directors, and pastors) will find this book and its discussion questions an invaluable faith-based resource.
- Education's Highest Aim will be valuable for anyone interested in understanding and improving education — teachers'; groups; school administrators; university courses in curriculum, instruction, or educational foundations; parents' organizations; developers of public policy.
- This classic exposition of the Christian faith has been frequently and creatively adapted to serve the needs of education in faith in many different contexts. Augustine’s understanding of the problems faced by religious educators demonstrates his profound grasp of the human condition.
- The Open Family is about a vision, the vision of the early church. It is a vision that speaks to the struggles of today’s world where society and the family are deeply challenged.
- The author’s understanding of sexuality is the fruit of years of intimate conversations with young people and married couples.
- The Love That Comes from God offers an attractive vision of the role of the family in today's world. Chiara Lubich addresses such themes as love, education, and prayer, showing how they shape the spiritual development of the family. This book is a valuable tool for families and those who minister to them.
- This book deals with all the essentials of Catholic social teaching in a concise way, but without oversimplification.