Showing 16–30 of 73 Books
- Trilogy on Faith and Happiness reveals Augustine’s insight into fundamental existential questions and his conviction that human fulfillment can be found only in the incarnation of Jesus, the Word and Wisdom of God. It will prove especially useful for spiritual reading and for students of Christian spirituality.
- Clément’s masterly exposition of the mysticism of the Fathers, already regarded as a modern classic, is now in its third edition. “There are some books so good that all one wants to say is: ‘Go out, buy it and read it – it is marvellous’. So it is with this fine translation.” Andrew Louth, Fairacres Chronicle
- This classic exposition of the Christian faith has been frequently and creatively adapted to serve the needs of education in faith in many different contexts. Augustine’s understanding of the problems faced by religious educators demonstrates his profound grasp of the human condition.
- This collection of carefully selected passages from the Fathers of the Church sets out a plan for meditation during the course of the year. It is a powerful tool by which we can make their discoveries our own. There is a theme for each month of the year and a reading for each day. Beatifully presented in hard back with an attractive full colour dust jacket, this book makes an ideal gift for anyone who values the things of the Spirit.
- The present volume contains ninety-four letters, the last sixty-three of the previously known letters and the thirty-one more recently discovered and edited by Johannes Divjak in the final quarter of the last century. There are eighty-one letters of which Augustine is the author. Each letter is preceded by its own introduction in which the translator offers valuable information about the persons, content, and background pertinent to the letter.