Showing 1–15 of 28 Books
- This volume presents new translations of five of Augustine’s works: The Excellence of Marriage, Holy Virginity, The Excellence of Widowhood, Adulterous Marriages, and Continence. These works discuss marriage, sexuality, procreation, and virginity (or celibacy) and their place in Christian life and salvation. VIEW IN HARDBACK EDITION
- Commentaries on Psalms 1 to 32 by Saint Augustine. A translation for the 21st Century. Includes bibliographical references and indexes. Augustine’s interpretation of the psalms aims to transform the songs of the old covenant into a “new song” (canticum novum). Exp. Ps 32,II,s.1,8.
- This mini-series comprises four titles. The writings of the Apostolic Fathers were seen as almost equal to Scripture by the early Church. They can be seen as an authoritative source for the beliefs and traditions of Christian experience in its earliest and freshest form.
- In this book of spiritual anthropology, the author of the much-acclaimed The Roots of Christian Mysticism shares his reflections on human nature, its challenges, problems, joys and fulfilment. The result is a treasure that will appeal to all those looking for a deeper meaning of what it is to be human.
- Commentaries on Psalms 73 to 98 by Saint Augustine. A translation for the 21st Century. Augustine was convinced that in the meeting between scriptural declarations and the faith-experience of his own time, and only there, does exposition attain its true goal. VIEW IN HARDBACK EDITION
- Commentaries on Psalms 99 to 120 by Saint Augustine. A translation for the 21st Century. The prophetic character of the psalms - Augustine’s fundamental conviction is that the psalms represent a prophecy of the new covenant, and only acquire their true and full meaning at this level of understanding: “Let this be written for another generation" Ps. 101. VIEW IN HARDBACK EDITION