Showing 1–15 of 74 Books
- In this collection of spiritual reflections Chiara Lubich explores man's aspiration to share in the life of God. The challenge of the Gospel is clear-cut: let your yes be yes and your no, no ... he who is not with me is against me. Whether reviewing the life of a great saint such as Catherine of Siena or of the Indian spiritual leader Vinhoba Bhave, Chiara Lubich underlines that what counts is the quality of life as it is lived in each moment.
- Thought-provoking reflections to help us grasp and live in the ‘here and now’. ‘In the light of her Christian faith and a lifetime of experience with her friends, Chiara Lubich gives us advice on how to use well the ‘here and now’. If we focus on the present moment, we are planting a seed in eternity, to be enjoyed forever.
- Jesus’s new commandment is one of the cardinal points of the Focolare Spirituality: ‘I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another’ (Jn 13:34). The new commandment is one of those wondrous gifts that Jesus ‘held hidden in his heart’ only to reveal them on the last day of his life on earth.
- Each of us has a ray that burst forth from the Father’s heart when he spoke our name with the word Love. If we follow this ray, which is his will for us, we will become what we are in the mind of God from all eternity. It’s a matter of corresponding to his will, adhering to it, moment by moment, until the day when it will literally lead us back to the sun, to the Father.
- Pope John Paul II referred to Mary as “Mother to all, and Mother forever.” The faithful know they can count on the heavenly Mother’s concern: Mary will never abandon them. By taking her into our own home as a supreme gift from the heart of the crucified Christ, we are assured a uniquely effective presence in the task of showing the world in every circumstance the fruitfulness of love and the authentic meaning of life.