Showing 1–15 of 192 Books
- In this collection of spiritual reflections Chiara Lubich explores man's aspiration to share in the life of God. The challenge of the Gospel is clear-cut: let your yes be yes and your no, no ... he who is not with me is against me. Whether reviewing the life of a great saint such as Catherine of Siena or of the Indian spiritual leader Vinhoba Bhave, Chiara Lubich underlines that what counts is the quality of life as it is lived in each moment.
- Thought-provoking reflections to help us grasp and live in the ‘here and now’. ‘In the light of her Christian faith and a lifetime of experience with her friends, Chiara Lubich gives us advice on how to use well the ‘here and now’. If we focus on the present moment, we are planting a seed in eternity, to be enjoyed forever.
- This exceptional work explores the concept expressed by Chiara that the Lord doesn’t ask us for an individual holiness, but for a communitarian holiness in which each person must help their neighbour to become a saint. This collective way of sanctity is explored on the thematic elements of John 17: 11b-19.
- Jesus’s new commandment is one of the cardinal points of the Focolare Spirituality: ‘I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another’ (Jn 13:34). The new commandment is one of those wondrous gifts that Jesus ‘held hidden in his heart’ only to reveal them on the last day of his life on earth.
- Each of us has a ray that burst forth from the Father’s heart when he spoke our name with the word Love. If we follow this ray, which is his will for us, we will become what we are in the mind of God from all eternity. It’s a matter of corresponding to his will, adhering to it, moment by moment, until the day when it will literally lead us back to the sun, to the Father.
- The Love That Comes from God offers an attractive vision of the role of the family in today's world. Chiara Lubich addresses such themes as love, education, and prayer, showing how they shape the spiritual development of the family. This book is a valuable tool for families and those who minister to them.
- The Interior Castle, also known as the Book of Mansions, is considered Teresa of Avila’s greatest and most mature explanation of the spiritual journey. For Teresa, growing spiritually is traveling inwards to the centre of our being where God dwells, yet too few set out with resolution to reach the Divine Presence.