Showing all 14 books
- This volume contains The Sermon on the Mount (De sermone Domini in monte), Agreement Among the Evangelists (De consensu evangelistarum), Questions on the Gospels (Quaestiones evangeliorum), and Seventeen Questions on Matthew (Quaestiones XVII in Matthaeum). VIEW IN PAPERBACK EDITION
- Six major treatises presented in this volume include Miscellany of Questions in Response to Simplician I, The Punishment and Forgiveness of Sins and the Baptism of Little Ones, The Spirit and the Letter, Nature and Grace, The Predestination of the Saints, and The Gift of Perseverance.
- Commentaries on Psalms 121 to 150 by Saint Augustine. A translation for the 21st Century. Includes bibliographical references and indexes. Augustine tried to harmonize the Old Testament’s declarations about the final destiny of human beings with the eschatological faith of the Church, and so to make them available for use in Christian prayer.
- Commentaries on Psalms 99 to 120 by Saint Augustine. A translation for the 21st Century. The prophetic character of the psalms - Augustine’s fundamental conviction is that the psalms represent a prophecy of the new covenant, and only acquire their true and full meaning at this level of understanding: “Let this be written for another generation" Ps. 101. VIEW IN HARDBACK EDITION
- Commentaries on Psalms 73 to 98 by Saint Augustine. A translation for the 21st Century. Augustine was convinced that in the meeting between scriptural declarations and the faith-experience of his own time, and only there, does exposition attain its true goal. VIEW IN HARDBACK EDITION
- Commentaries on Psalms 1 to 32 by Saint Augustine. A translation for the 21st Century. Includes bibliographical references and indexes. Augustine’s interpretation of the psalms aims to transform the songs of the old covenant into a “new song” (canticum novum). Exp. Ps 32,II,s.1,8.
- This volume presents new translations of five of Augustine’s works: The Excellence of Marriage, Holy Virginity, The Excellence of Widowhood, Adulterous Marriages, and Continence. These works discuss marriage, sexuality, procreation, and virginity (or celibacy) and their place in Christian life and salvation. VIEW IN HARDBACK EDITION