Showing all 15 books
- Christian Rodembourg invites us to join with Fr. Eusebe-Henri Menard in a bold spiritual adventure rooted in Divine tenderness for our world. A renowned Franciscan preacher, Father Menard probed, charmed and inspired many young adults to join with him and follow Jesus to be leaven in the world around them – to be that Divine tenderness.
- Bernadette became a saint, not because the Virgin Mary appeared to her, but because of her willingness to do God’s will and to love those around her. Still today she is an inspiration to us.
- In the brief 16 years of his priesthood, Saint Louis de Montfort fulfilled a career of founder, missionary, and prolific writer. Two years after ordination he organized the nursing and teaching congregation of the Daughters of Wisdom and in 1705 founded his missionary congregation of men, the Missionaries of the Company of Mary (Montfort Fathers).
- Johannes Tauler invites us to prepare the ‘ground of the soul’ to receive God, so that the Word of God may be born in us as it is in Mary. Focusing on themes such as God in Creation and the return of all things to God, Tauler nevertheless insists that the union of the human soul with God is by grace, and not by nature.
- Bernard of Clairvaux was a twelfth-century Cistercian monk whose influence extended into many areas of Church life. His monastic reforms emphasized mystical prayer as the foundation of daily observance, bringing the Cistercian order into a position of unprecedented expansion and renown.